Cory Roth Law Office
Cory Roth Law Office

Call Now To See How I Can Help You:

(832) 819-5290

Probation Violations | Motions To Adjudicate

What Types Of Probation Are There In The State Of Texas?

In the state of Texas, there are two types of probation. The first type of probation one might receive in Texas is called “straight probation.” This is when a person pleads guilty to a crime, the conviction is final, and the person completes probation instead of jail time. This probation is often called community supervision.

The second type of probation in the state of Texas is called “deferred adjudication.” In this case, the defendant accepts responsibility for the crime, or pleads guilty, with no final conviction on record. The person will then serve probation. At that point the case is dismissed and the defendant’s record is expunged.

If one violates either type of probation, the prosecutor or probation officer might file a Motion to Adjudicate. In this case, the defendant will go to court to determine if their probation was indeed violated. If it is found that one violated probation, the defendant will be sentenced for the original crime. In order to beat a Motion to Adjudicate, you will need an experienced Texas Motion To Adjudication Lawyer to guide you through the legal process.

If you have found yourself charged with a crime, you need to retain one of the best Probation Violation Lawyers in Texas. The lawyers at Cory Roth Law Office have the experience to mitigate your consequences as much as possible and answer all your questions about Adjudicated Probation Law Texas. If you are located in or near Houston, TX, call (832) 819-5290 for a consultation.

What Are The Common Terms Of Felony Probation In The State Of Texas?

The rules of probation will vary according to the conviction, defendant, and circumstances of the particular case. Most people placed on probation must follow the following rules.

  • The convicted must attend all meetings with their probation officers. They must be on time for each scheduled meeting.
  • The defendant must remain employed lawfully.
  • The defendant cannot break any laws, whether federal, state, or local.
  • The convicted person is not allowed to drink alcohol or take any illicit drugs or controlled substances.
  • They should stay away from any acquaintances that might lead them to criminal activity of any kind.
  • The convicted is required to pay all court fees, supervision fees, and other possible fines.
  • The defendant must complete their assigned community service time.
  • Defendants are subject to random searches by their probation officers.
  • The person on probation must seek permission to change jobs, travel out of state, or move to a new location.
  • Those on probation are subject to regular drug testing from probation officers.

If you feel you have been unfairly accused of violating your probation requirements, you should seek advice from an expert Probation Lawyer. The attorneys at Cory Roth Law Office have the experience to mitigate your consequences. If you are located in or near Houston, TX, call (832) 819-5290 for a consultation.

Are There Ever Special Conditions In Probation?

Judges in the state of Texas are able to impose special conditions on someone’s probation sentencing, within Texas Probation Laws. Special conditions are dependent on the specificities of the individual case. Usually, these special conditions require that the convicted take specific classes, complete rehabilitation programs, etc.

Special conditions imposed in probation sentencing might include:

  • Drunk driving educational programs
  • Drug and alcohol testing
  • Sex offender registration
  • Drug offender rehabilitation programs
  • Mental health counseling
  • Ignition interlock installation in vehicles

If you have questions about your probation sentencing, you should hire the Best Probation Violation Law Firm in Texas. The attorneys at Cory Roth Law Office are qualified and experienced lawyers who can assist you with your probation legal issues, in and out of court. If you live in or near Houston, TX, call (832) 819-5290 for a consultation.

Cory Roth, Esq.

Call Now To See How I Can Help You
(832) 819-5290

Accessibility Close Menu
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U